Now that the 4th of July is in the rear view mirror, it’s time to take summer seriously. So I’m putting together a list of things that are summer staples – things you should definitely do before the summer slips by and is over. Here goes:
- Take a trip to the pool or the beach. What is summer without the water and a chance to work on our tan?
- Blow bubbles with the kids. Or with your pets.
- Go to an amusement park. Ride that roller coaster! (Or maybe just the carousel?)
- Go to a festival or fair. Win a prize playing a game, eat junk food and enjoy the people watching!
- Catch a lightning bug. You don’t even have to put it in a jar!
- Go to the Dairy Queen or local ice cream place and get a cone to eat outside.
- Have some corn on the cob.
- Eat a slice of watermelon and see how far you can spit the seeds!
- Walk barefoot in the grass. Even better right after it rains…
- Eat a popsicle. Or 12. I’m not judging.
- Go to a baseball game. I’m partial to the Cubs but I also like watching the kids at the local park.
- Go for a hike. And try to make it somewhere that you aren’t hiking on concrete!
- Go to the zoo.
- Sit in the sun and read a good book.
- Watch a sunset.
That’s my list – any other suggestions? Let me know in the comments!