NO! It’s supposed to be almost 90 degrees today so can I really be seeing signs of fall? I’m not ready! But I’ve been hearing that Pumpkin Spice Lattes are coming early this year and then there’s the situation in my driveway:
That’s right. The leaves are already falling. And the birch trees in my back yard are dropping their leaves too. I’m not ready yet! So what does oracle of seasons (The Weather Channel) have to say?
Well, they say you generally do start to see the first signs of fall in late August. Check out these not so optimistic fall indicators:
- It was 33 degrees this morning in Gunnison, Colorado.
- We’re now losing about 2 1/2 minutes of daylight every day.
- The cicadas are buzzing all day now – not just in the evening.
- The stores are starting to put out Halloween costumes and candy – although I have not seen a pop-up Halloween store yet so that’s something!
- Pre-season football is in full swing. And the pee-wee team in my neighborhood is looking good!
The falling leaves are pretty and I love warm days and cool nights – but I never look forward to watching everything die off in preparation for winter. I’m definitely a fan of spring when everything bursts back into life – but the change of seasons is inevitable and each season has its strong points. Tell me about your favorite season in the comments!