This coming weekend is Memorial Day weekend – and marks the kick off to the summer for most of us. For those of us with a three day weekend, we better be making plans! Here are some ideas for you:
- Attend a parade. Some of my best childhood memories are from attending the parade in Buckland, Ohio with my family.
- Host a barbecue – what’s better than a grill filled with food with friends and family around? Did you watch the video I posted on cleaning your grill? If not – click here and get it done!
- Attend a local ceremony, event or festival. Almost every community has a gathering of some type to honor our military and celebrate the community. So go to the wreath laying, run a 5K or listen to a band with the other members of your community!
- Road trip! Memorial Day weekend is great for a getaway. It might be a good time to visit a historical landmark, or museum – or maybe a beach?
- Cheer! Is there a baseball game at your local park? Is the hometown pro team playing? Baseball is still the great American pass time – and it’s a great weekend to root for your favorite team.
- DIY. I love a good three day weekend for getting things done around the house. 3 days is the perfect amount of time to tackle a room makeover or get your garden planted. So head out to your hardware store and let’s get a project done this weekend!
- Relax…. Sleep in or take an afternoon nap in the sun. Sounds great doesn’t it? I know if the weather cooperates, you’ll be able to find me in a lounge chair by the pool with a good book for part of the weekend.
Get your plans made – but don’t forget to take time out to remember the members of our military!